With the 6K RED DRAGON® sensor, you can capture over 9x more pixels than HD. Unrivaled detail and impressive native exposure eclipse 35mm film in both latitude and image density. Industry leading specs distinguish the EPIC DRAGON as a model for image innovation, helming the evolution of digital cinema technology.
Every 6K frame is a 19 megapixel RAW image, which is up to 9x more pixels than 1080p HD. The amount of picture detail found in a 6K image goes beyond that of 35mm, comparing only to 65mm in image density. This means more precise VFX plates, reframing flexibility, and less aliasing artifacts and moiré. Even when outputting 6K footage to 4K or HD, your images will be cleaner and crisper compared to those captured at lower resolutions. When it comes to resolution, bigger is definitely better.
RED DRAGON sensors have a native dynamic range of over 16.5+ stops, giving you a huge advantage in challenging lighting conditions. An improved signal-to-noise ratio gives you confidence that your picture quality will be print and cinema ready from ISO 200 to 2000. Less filters, less IR issues, and less noise gives you more opportunities for perfect exposure.
- – SENSOR: 19 MEGAPIXEL DRAGON™
- – PIXEL ARRAY: 6144 (h) x 3160 (v)
- – S/N RATIO: 80db
- – DYNAMIC RANGE: 16.5+ stops
- – MAX IMAGE AREA: 6144 (h) x 3160 (v)å
- – ILENS COVERAGE: 30.7mm (h) x 15.8mm (v) x 34.5 mm (d)
- – ACQUISITION FORMATS: 6K RAW, 5K RAW, 4.5K RAW, 4K RAW, 3K RAW, 2K RAW, 1080p RGB, 720p RGB
- – PROJECT FRAME RATES: 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 47.96, 48, 50, 59.94 fps, all resolutions
- – REDCODE™ 12 + 16-bit RAW: 100fps 6K, 120fps 5K, 4.5K, 150fps 4K, 200fps 3K, 300fps 2K