EPIC-W carries on the legacy of the original EPIC. Powered by the HELIUM 8K S35 sensor, EPIC-W is capable of shooting 8K Full Format at up to 30 frames per second (fps). At full 8K resolution EPIC-W captures 35.4 Megapixels images—delivering more detail and creative possibilities in every frame.
With HELIUM sensor advancements, EPIC-W boasts improved low-light sensitivity and impressive dynamic range. Leveraging lightning fast data rates up to 275 MB/s, EPIC-W can record REDCODE RAW, as well as proxy 4K Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHR—simultaneously.
Joining the DSMC2 lineup, EPIC-W benefits from the advanced modularity of the RED ecosystem and offers cable-free peripherals, an integrated mounting plate, wireless control, and compatibility with a growing supply of modules and accessories. Also featuring interchangeable OLPFs and lens mounts, EPIC-W provides an all new perspective with full sensor coverage and support for your arsenal of S35 glass.
- – HELIUM35.4 Megapixel CMOS Sensor w/ 16.5+ Stops of Dynamic Range
- – In-Camera RAW recording up to 300 fps onto RED MINI-MAG SSDs
- – Up to 6K resolution
- – Up to 20 stops of dynamic range with HDRx
- – Record in REDCODE RAW and Apple ProRes simultaneously
- – Built-In Stereo Microphones and Speaker
- – Acquisition Formats: 8K RAW, 6K RAW, 5K RAW, 4.5K RAW, 4K RAW, 3K RAW, 2K RAW, 1080p RGB, 720p RGB
- – Records Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHR/HD
- – Automatic Black Shading
- – New OLPF System Communicates with the BRAIN