The RED Scarlet is a S35mm+ (1.3 crop still equivalent) sensor camera that can shoot up to 120fps at 5k resolution (300fps at 2k). You can shoot up to 120 14mp RAW stills per second. The Scarlet sensor natively has over 13 stops of dynamic range. HDRx mode allows you to dial in up to 6 more stops of highlight protection giving you a maximum dynamic range of over 18 stops. Scarlet is Red Epic’s little brother. It is similar in features but will not allow you to do frame ramping (slow/ fast motion).
With REDCODE RAW you can chose how much compression you need. REDCODE 12:1 allows you to shoot 2 hours of 5k on a 256gb SSD drive while REDCODE 3:1 mathematically uncompressed gives you true lossless RAW.
- FRAMERATES: 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 47.96, 48, 50, 59.97 fps
- SENSOR: 14 MEGAPIXEL MYSTERIUM-X™
- PIXEL ARRAY: 5120 (h) x 2700 (v)
- S/N RATIO: 66db
- DYNAMIC RANGE: 13.5 stops, up to 18 stops with HDRx™
- MAX IMAGE AREA: 5120px (h) x 2700px (v)
- WEIGHT: 4.5lbs with lens mount and side SSD module