Red Epic W Helium 8K now available for Hire from our rental fleet and we are seriously impressed with its power and capabilities. The EPIC-W carries on the legacy of the original EPIC. Powered by the HELIUM 8K S35 sensor, it is capable of shooting 8K Full Format at up to 30 frames per second (fps). At full 8K resolution it captures 35.4 Megapixels images—delivering more detail and creative possibilities in every frame.
With HELIUM sensor advancements, EPIC-W boasts improved low-light sensitivity and impressive dynamic range. Leveraging lightning fast data rates up to 275 MB/s, EPIC-W can record REDCODE RAW, as well as proxy 4K Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHR—simultaneously.
Joining the DSMC2 lineup, EPIC-W offers cable-free peripherals, an integrated mounting plate, wireless control, and compatibility with a growing supply of modules and accessories. Also featuring interchangeable OLPFs and lens mounts, EPIC-W provides an all new perspective with full sensor coverage and support for your arsenal of S35 glass.
- – HELIUM35.4 Megapixel CMOS Sensor w/ 16.5+ Stops of Dynamic Range
- – In-Camera RAW recording up to 300 fps onto RED MINI-MAG SSDs
- – Up to 6K resolution
- – Up to 20 stops of dynamic range with HDRx
- – Record in REDCODE RAW and Apple ProRes simultaneously
- – Built-In Stereo Microphones and Speaker
- – Acquisition Formats: 8K RAW, 6K RAW, 5K RAW, 4.5K RAW, 4K RAW, 3K RAW, 2K RAW, 1080p RGB, 720p RGB
- – Records Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHR/HD
- – Automatic Black Shading
- – New OLPF System Communicates with the BRAIN