The DJI Ronin can be configured in any of three operation modes for different requirements. Upright (overslung) Mode gives an eye-level viewpoint. The normal underslung mode is for any viewpoint from chest height to ground level. Finally there is Briefcase Mode which is better for negotiating tight spaces but still with full functionality. It has a built-in balance adjustment system.
In fact, setup is possible in as little as 5 minutes when changing position or configuration. The ATS (Auto Tune Stability) technology intelligently fine-tunes the gimbal to your rig. Smooth track Control also allows for smooth changes in camera angle for a single operator.
The Ronin uses technology from DJI’s Zemuse range of gimbals (brushless motors, multiple control modes and built-in IMU). They provide an ultra-smooth operation, and comes supplied with a 2nd operator remote control. This controller enables the second operator to control camera movement independent of gimbal movement.
Motors have been developed with the high performance Ronin in mind. Using FOC control, you can count on high precision, low vibration, and increased torque. Digital Absolute Positioning Encoders in each axis provide the highest levels of accuracy. This combination of custom motor modules and features is found in no other system.
ADDITIONAL DJI RONIN FEATURES:
- – Tool-Free Adjustment
- – 5-Minute Setup and Auto Tune Stability
- – Uses Zenmuse brushless ultra-smooth technology and Smoothtrack Control
- – Upright, Underslung or Briefcase configurations
- – 32-bit Floating Point DSP Processor
- – Power Distribution Box with two regulated D-Taps, one 500mAh USB connector
- – DJI Lightbridge Long Range HD Video Downlink connector
- – Quick-swap Smart Battery
- – Firmware Upgradable